£40,792, rising annually to £50,132
Full Time, Permanent – Academic
Oxford Brookes Business School has embarked on an exciting new phase of its development, with a move to a newly developed building on the Headington Campus at the heart of the University.
We are relishing the opportunity to further improve our already excellent programmes of study, while continuing to contribute to society through our research, our international engagement and our involvement with the regional business community.
Our aim is to put into practice the University’s vision to ‘provide an exceptional, student-centered experience which is based on both internationally excellent research and pedagogic best practice’.
We are seeking talented individuals in the subject area of Business and Enterprise to join our academic team in implementing this vision, either in a full-time or part-time role.
You will have a proven track record in delivering outstanding learning experiences for students; and should be an active researcher, or provider of expertise to business or other organisations.
Preference will be given to candidates who can also contribute expertise in digital business in addition to the core subject area of the core subject of Business and Enterprise.
As Senior Lecturer in Business/ Business and Enterprise you will have:
- A PhD in a related subject (or PhD which is nearing completion, evidenced by a date for the viva exam)
- Experience in developing modules/programmes, and or training activities, at HE level or equivalent and a commitment to course enhancement
- Knowledge of academic research, business and enterprise and how that should impact on course design and teaching and learning activities
- Ability to engage business and enterprise students at UG and PG level in teaching/ learning activities.
What we offer
The Business School has developed strong relationships with a range of overseas academic institutions and commercial sectors, and we are proud of our supportive and collegiate working environment. We offer innovative undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes that prepare students for the next generation of business challenges.
We are keen to recruit the right candidate. The Business School invests heavily in the development of its staff and many opportunities exist for you to further develop your career and expertise (discipline-based and/or pedagogic.) In addition, the School offers significant support for research and knowledge exchange activity. You will enjoy working in a dynamic, growth-oriented academic environment and show enthusiasm for collaborating with colleagues.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
If you would like to be part of this exciting time for Oxford Brookes Business School please contact: Karen Gibbons (firstname.lastname@example.org) for informal discussions relating to this post.
Please state whether you would be interested in a full-time or part-time position, in your application.
Interviews will take place on 9th April 2019.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
- Offerd Salary£45.000 - £50.000 per year
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationMaster’s Degree
Related Jobs (137)
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Freelance
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Professor in Digital Construction and Project Management on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Research Associate Imaging Facility Manager (Maternity cover) on March 21, 2019 Full Time