Information Systems and Digital Services (ISDS) is central to where we are going as a university and the experience we offer to both our professional colleagues and our students. The work we do impacts significantly on both the personal and learning experience of those who study here. We are committed to developing and maintaining highly usable, fast, flexible and personalised Information Systems services that reflect the changing needs of our growing university.
We are looking for Research Software Engineers to strengthen our support for outstanding research that addresses the biggest challenges facing contemporary society.
You will be a skilled software engineer and will be familiar with research and knowledge exchange projects and the research process. Your experience may be in High Performance Computing, App Development, Analytics, Data Manipulation, Visualisation, Research Applications, R/Python programming or other areas of research software engineering, but you will be self-motivated, able to offer solutions and passionate about supporting researchers. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to provide consultancy and training to other researchers.
This permanent role will provide the right candidates with opportunities to work on varied research projects across the University’s Centres for Research and Knowledge Exchange.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits, including 35 days holiday (plus Christmas shut-down and bank holidays) and a highly competitive pension scheme.
In order to apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Offerd Salary£35.000 - £40.000 per year
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 1 Year
- QualificationBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (128)
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Freelance
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Professor in Digital Construction and Project Management on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Research Associate Imaging Facility Manager (Maternity cover) on March 21, 2019 Full Time