Contribute to the success of the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics in a key academic leadership role.
Professor in Economics
- Full time ongoing position based in Hobart
- Opportunity to contribute to the School in a key academic position
- Play a lead role in the continuing development of academics in the economics discipline
The Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) at the University of Tasmania is a provider of world-class research and teaching, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses, as well as Sydney’s Rozelle campus.
The Professor of Economics is a key academic leadership position with a balanced workload across research, teaching and engagement. Reporting to the Head of School (Accounting, Economics and Finance), you will make a significant contribution to the creation of an active and engaged staff group and maintain a strong focus on outstanding research contributions in terms of high-quality research outputs, external research grants and higher degree research student supervision. This position has become available following the retirement of the current Professor of Economics.
- Provide leadership in assisting the University to achieve its high-level objectives and fulfil its operational responsibilities, particularly by contributing to the development and implementation of strategy and by building an area of recognised strength
- Undertake high-quality research of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the economics discipline
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD in a field relevant to economics
- An outstanding record in, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved international recognition and made innovative, distinguished and sustained contributions to the field of economics, demonstrated by an exemplary record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and continued success in securing external competitive and other funding
- Demonstrated capacity to build successful research teams
- An outstanding record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions.
- Proven ability as an academic leader, with a strong record in team building and creating effective working relationships, along with a capacity to foster excellence in research and teaching and to support and facilitate the career development of staff
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $205,204 comprising base salary of $173,651 to $175,388 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Lisa McManus, Professor & Co-Head of School, Lisa.McManus@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 1574.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 11.55pm
Offerd Salary£50.000+ per year
Related Jobs (149)
Assistant Professor: Financial Markets and Institutions on May 13, 2019 Full Time