Within University of Exeter Business School (UEBS), the departments of Management and Science, Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (SITE) are equally committed to advancing theory and working with leaders and managers in organisations to achieve practical solutions to their most important issues. We seek to expand our team of outstanding researchers and teachers. We are looking to appoint several open rank posts.
We hope to appoint faculty who will contribute to building on current strengths in the two departments: such as leadership, human resource management, organisational behaviour, entrepreneurship, innovation, operations management, international business and strategy, digital economy, business analytics, and information systems. Ideally candidates will have expertise in advanced quantitative methods, such as social network models, agent-based models, NLP and Machine Learning, multi-level and longitudinal regression models. Additional criteria for each level are listed below.
The University of Exeter Business School
UEBS is an interdisciplinary business school dedicated to excellence in research and teaching across the management and economic disciplines. UEBS brings together inspirational and internationally respected academics from around the world in an environment that combines historical and intellectual heritage with modern facilities. Academic staff proactively engage with business, government and civil society partners in research, consultancy and development projects. The Business School is consistently among the UK’s best in student experience and employability. Our academic staff aspire to be outstanding researchers and teachers. We value our learning community and collegial environment.
For a Lecturer post you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Business/Management or related areas and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in a relevant active field of research
- A track record in ABS four-star refereed publications, or demonstrate potential to do so
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- The attitude and ability to engage in continuous professional development
For Senior Lecturer, in addition to the above, you will have:
- A strong potential for research leadership
- A track record in ABS four-star refereed publications and success in significant grant capture
- Relationships with external organisations and funders/ and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
- Strong connections with business, government and/or civil society organisations
- Involvement in projects which develop impact.
For Professorial level appointments, in addition to the above, you will have:
- Strong research leadership
- Be a leading authority in your academic field with an international reputation, as evidenced by research publications, sustained funding as principal investigator and PhD supervision as well as other esteem indicators.
- Have experience of making significant contribution to the development and clarification of research strategy for your subject area
- Contribute to the development of our educational programmes and to the overall student experience.
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of these positions: Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer and Lecturer.
Indicate clearly in your application which level position you are applying for.
If you are interested in these positions we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. This is a rolling-recruitment campaign and applications will be assessed and interviews will be held throughout the recruitment period.
For an informal and confidential discussion about opportunties relating to leadership, human resource management, and organisational behaviour please contact Professor Alexandra Gerbasi (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For entrepreneurship, innovation, operations management, international business and strategy, digital economy, business analytics, information systems please contact Professor Andrew Parker (email: email@example.com).
What we can offer you
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research;
- Support teams that understand the University wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon
The University offers some fantastic benefits including 41 days leave per year, options for flexible working, numerous discounts at leading retailers, onsite gym, cycle to work scheme, sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy; and a stunning campus environment in the heart of Exeter. If you are not currently in Exeter please have a look at our website for some further information on what a beautiful part of the country we are based in.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we’re fastest growing UK Research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students.
With over 22,000 students and 5,500 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
Offerd Salary£25.000 - £30.000 per year