A rare opportunity has arisen for a Head of Financial Operations to join us. This full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis.
Summary of the role
This fantastic role is based within the Financial Operations division of the Finance Services Directorate, which delivers all areas of financial processing and risk management in accordance with the University’s procedures, policy and regulations. Financial Operations’ services include customer invoicing,debt management, supplier management, expenses and purchasing cards, student funding administration, handling of outgoing and incoming cash. The division is also responsible for a number of external regulatory and compliance activities and internal policy development.
This role reports to the Deputy Director Operations and Procurement and supports staff, academics and students across the University. In addition, the role oversees operational relationships with a range of external stakeholders,including customers, sponsors, suppliers, regulatory bodies, banks and other solution providers.
This is a key senior role which will have responsibility for 2 direct reports, and management of of approximately 30 colleagues. It will also require regular interaction and collaboration, not only with all areas within finance, but also with internal and external customers and suppliers.
– Have the drive and ambition to deliver financial and operational performance and best value for the University
– Like challenges – always looking for innovative ways to develop service,processes, and customer satisfaction
– Be customer focused and develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
– Be a strong team player and collaborator
– Evidence strong leadership, financial management, and change management skills
You can view the Job Description and Person Specification document here.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we’re fastest growing UK research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students.
With over 22,000 students and 5,500 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
– 41 days leave per year
– options for flexible working
– numerous discounts at leading retailers
– onsite gyms on all of our campus’ and a cycle to work scheme
– sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
– stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
Please contact Donna Fitzgerald, D.Fitzgerald@exeter.ac.uk
- Offerd Salary£40.000 - £45.000 per year
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationDoctorate Degree