Finance Advisor Apprentice
We are currently looking for a Finance Advisor Apprentice to work as part of the Finance Service & Support team, which is made up of Cashiers and the Finance Service Centre, providing customer support to students and staff in relation to financial transactions, provision of financial information, advice and guidance.
As a Finance Advisor Apprentice at Manchester Metropolitan University you will develop your skills within a busy Finance environment and will be fully supported in building your work readiness as part of a welcoming and high performing team.
As a Manchester Metropolitan Apprentice you will:
- Develop and demonstrate skills in customer service, providing a high standard of service to both external customers and colleagues.
- Develop competence in undertaking your duties and the confidence to make independent decisions.
- Understand the importance of attention to detail and use this to produce accurate work.
- Work effectively as a member of a team and assist colleagues within the team and the wider department.
- Develop an understanding of the priorities of the department and be able to complete your day-to-day work to meet deadlines and manage customer expectations.
- Maintain a smart appearance, or wear uniform where required, and act in a professional manner at all times whether on or off the University campus.
- Develop your work readiness so that you are confident in your ability to meet employer demands.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A positive and flexible approach to work.
- The willingness and motivation to undertake all required training and allocated tasks.
- Reliability and punctuality to support the workings of the team.
- An ability to take direction and a desire to learn from constructive feedback.
- A keen interest in their area of specialism.
- An ability to work alongside others and maintain strong working relationships.
- A desire to deliver an excellent level of customer service.
- An ability to problem solve and learn.
About the team:
Supporting the University in a series of increasingly dynamic, demanding and competitive environments, our work sees us involved in a growing number of partnerships and communities, across the city but also nationally and internationally. Our financial professionals play a key role in helping shape our strategic direction, making a key contribution to the long-term financial sustainability of a great global University. The Finance Service Centre team provide first-level advice and guidance for a wide range of finance related queries for staff and students, pro-actively investigating and resolving queries to a satisfactory conclusion. The Finance Service Centre are also responsible for receiving and processing contract and general ledger payments to include cash/ cheque / credit / debit card and online transactions from students and staff.
This includes the banking of all above payments, as well as refectory takings and provision of refectory floats and crediting to relevant accounting codes (i.e. student / department account and appropriate general ledger code) in a timely and accurate manner. Maintain security of cash and other income at all times.
If you would like to join our team and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please attach your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification.
- Offerd Salary£7.50 - £8.50 per hour
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (133)
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Freelance
- Lecturer in Commercial Law/International Commercial Law on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Professor in Digital Construction and Project Management on March 21, 2019 Full Time
- Research Associate Imaging Facility Manager (Maternity cover) on March 21, 2019 Full Time