The successful candidate will support the development and enhancement of learning and teaching with a particular focus on improving the digital capacities of students and staff, through a VLE platform (Canvas), and supporting them to capitalise on an enhanced digital learning environment.
The major duties of the post include providing specialist, professional advice and support to academic and teaching staff on curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, with a focus on digital learning and technology-enhanced learning, so that they may demonstrate good practice in their teaching and deliver a quality learning experience to their students.
The post holder will work closely with academic colleagues, using a sound understanding of professional curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, including digital learning practice to carry out detailed analyses, help assess complex situations and problems, test and evaluate innovative solutions, which will have an impact across the University and support subsequent embedding in Schools.
Contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of a range of staff development activities on aspects of curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, including digital learning that are informed by and consistent with the H.E. sector and institutional priorities, and are responsive to School needs.
Please note that this is a full-time, temporary contract for 12 months.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in an educational or staff development role related to learning and teaching with recent, relevant experience related to digital learning, technology-enhanced learning and / or instructional design.
- Experience of supporting learning and teaching through the use of digital technologies evidenced through, for example:
– Providing specialist, professional advice and support to academic and teaching staff;
– Design, delivery and evaluation of a range of staff development activities (including workshops);
– Delivering/leading projects.
- Experience of managing own work.
- A sound understanding of professional curriculum development, teaching, learning and assessment, including digital learning practices.
- Professional engagement with current practice and developing knowledge in the domain of educational development with a focus on digital learning.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/AcademicStudentAffairs/
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 19 February 2019
Salary scale: £33,199 – £39,610 per annum (potential to progress to £43,266 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 11 February 2019
For full criteria, please refer to the candidate information link on our website. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Offerd Salary£35.000 - £40.000 per year