Part Time (0.6) Permanent Position
INTO is an organisation working in partnership with leading UK and US universities and investing in the development of world-class student study centres. It specialises in preparing international students for undergraduate and postgraduate study with both academic and English language support. The courses at our Centres, upon successful completion, guarantee progression to leading UK and US undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as stand-alone English language courses. INTO Manchester is a wholly owned INTO University Partnerships venture.
INTO Manchester is looking for a Arabic Language Support Officer to enhance the INTO student experience by offering proactive support to students and staff. They will be responsible for ensuring increased levels of progression to higher education of students in the Centre, and ensuring that the Centre is represented in the best possible light to prospective and current students through effective online and offline communication through the Arabic language.
Applicants should have excellent written and spoken communication skills in Arabic and in English, with an understanding of the needs of international students. You must be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure. Experience working with university-age students is essential.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining positive relations between centre and students reinforcing centre messages to students
- Feeding back in-centre issues to centre management
- Tracking 100% of Arabic speaking students progression following completion of programme
- Help increase overall progression to host institutions
- Increasing overall progression to HE
£22767- £29597 (pro rata) Band C
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and interest for this post, please send your CV with a covering letter saying why you are interested in working for INTO Manchester and why you are suitable for the position. The information should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 8th April 2019.
Interviews to be held week commencing the 22nd April 2019.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- references will be followed up;
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
- reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18;
- appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For further details, a full job description and a copy of our Candidate Privacy Notice see https://intoglobal.com/jobs
Full Job description: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/enhanced/fp/bqv570-fp.doc.docx
INTO is an equal opportunities employer.
INTO is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and child protection screening will apply.
INTO Giving is the charitable arm of INTO University Partnerships and is committed to increasing access to education and improving the quality of education for disadvantaged young people around the world. INTO employees are encouraged to take an active role in INTO Giving.
To find out more please visit www.into-giving.com.
Offerd Salary£25.000 - £30.000 per year
Related Jobs (142)
Assistant Professor: Financial Markets and Institutions on May 13, 2019 Full Time